Are you considering insulating your attic? If so, are you fully aware of the advantages? If you are into having an energy-efficient home, you’ll definitely benefit by embarking on an attic insulation project. Though this is not the easiest do-it-yourself project, fortunately, Green Home Solutions is here to help. Below, we provide information to help you determine if this project is would be beneficial for your home. Are you experiencing any of these symptoms? If so, you may want to seriously consider insulating your home’s attic:
- You have hot ceilings
- You have cold ceilings
- You have high heating bills
- Your cooling bills are too high
- You have drafty rooms in your house
Benefits: You Save Money & Energy
Many homeowners do not realize it but the attic is the one place in the house that can offer great energy savings. When you insulate your attic, it’s much easier to maintain the desired temperature throughout your home year-round. If you truly want to save money and energy, you can do the following:
- Insulate your attic, which has the highest potential for energy savings. However, it’s important to do attic air sealing before adding insulation.
- Once you’ve handled the attic, next you want to seal and insulate the basement or crawlspace.
- Check for leaky ducts, which are a major source of energy loss in homes. This is especially the case if ducts are located in the attic or crawlspace – two places where air conditioned air can leak outside.
- Leaks through windows and doors can impact energy use, though not as much as numbers 1 through 3 on this list.
Are you ready to learn more about the benefits of attic insulation? If so, contact Green Home Solutions to request an appointment with one of our Cleveland technicians! We proudly service all of Cuyahoga County.