If you’ve ever been to a fancy hotel, the room may have been equipped with blackout curtains. Usually, after one experience with blackout curtains, consumers ask themselves, “What will it take for me to get a set in my bedroom at home?”
It’s true, a large percentage of the population would say that blackout curtains are a wonderful invention, especially for those who work the graveyard shift or who have youngsters who like to get up at the crack of dawn against their parents’ wishes. Not only can blackout curtains help you get a better sleep, but they can save you energy and money – two huge bonuses.
Let’s take a look at the benefits of blackout curtains:
- They help you get a more restful sleep.
- They can help infants and toddlers sleep better.
- They can improve your overall health if you have sleep difficulties.
- In the warmer seasons, they help keep hot air out.
- In the cooler months, they help keep cooler air in.
- Some brands can keep up to 99% of sunlight out of your room.
- They can keep TV and home theatre rooms nice and dark for viewer enjoyment.
- They reduce energy costs.
- Some brands can reduce outside noise significantly.
Having Trouble Sleeping?
Sleep truly is precious and it should never be underestimated. If you’ve ever had insomnia, or been woken up all night by a teething infant, or kept awake by your neighbor’s barking dogs, you get this one. If you are having trouble sleeping because you work nights, or because of outside noise, blackout curtains, shades or blinds may help prevent sleep loss.
Sleep loss can potentially lead to:
- Premature aging
- Serious health problems, such as heart disease, heart attack, high blood pressure, stroke, and diabetes.
To learn more about the negative health effects associated with sleep loss, click here. For help with all of your heating and cooling needs, including getting information on blackout curtains, contact Green Home Solutions today.